Session 1: His Kingdom
The first session will covers events on the mountains in Matthew and the three essential questions answered in the sermon on the Mount.
- Play: Session 1 Video
Read Matthew 5:1-2
Mountains in Matthew
- Temptation Mountain Mt 4:8
- Teaching Mountain Mt 5-7
- Praying Mountain Mt 14:23
- Healing Mountain Mt 15:29
- Transfiguration Mountain Mt 17:1
- Removing Mountains Mt 17:19-20
- Seeking the Lost in the Mountains Mt 18:12
- Removing Mountains Mt 21:21
- Olive Mountain Mt 24:3
- Flee to the Mountains Mt 24:15-17
- Betrayal Mountain Mt 26:30-31
- Commission Mountain Mt 28:16-20
Three Essential Questions Answered in the Sermon on the Mount:
What kind of King is Jesus?
- The promised King
- A wise King
- A righteous King
- A judging King
- A merciful King
- A King for the unlikely
- An unexpected King
What kind of Kingdom did he bring?
- The Kingdom of Heaven on Earth
- A countercultural Kingdom (6:5 & 6:8 - “don’t be like them”)
Will you align your allegiance to Jesus as King?
- 5:3 & 5:10 “For theirs is the kingdom of heaven”
- 6:10 “Your Kingdom come”
- 6:24 “No one can serve two masters”
- 6:33 “Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness”
- 7:21 “Not everyone who says ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the Kingdom”
About NextLevel Online
The vision of Ozark Christian College is to glorify God by evangelizing the lost and edifying Christians worldwide. The mission of Ozark Christian College is to train men and women for Christian service as a degree-granting institution of biblical higher education.