Session 4: Theology Matters in Student Ministry
The fourth session covers the importance of theology in student ministry.
- Play: Session 4 Video
Why is it critical that theology matters in student ministry?
- Everything is theological.
- We need to know what we believe and why we believe it.
- When we engage in theology, we are studying and thinking about God.
- Without the Gospel in youth ministry, you’re nothing but a community center.
Theology you need to teach your students:
The Word of God
- the bible is inspired by God
- it is authoritative (if this is not authority, then their authority is their feelings)
Who is God?
- He is their father
- He is the creator
- He is all knowing and all powerful
Who is Jesus?
- He is the only son of God
- He is the only way to God
- He was fully man
Who is mankind?
- They are created in the image of God
- They are sinners in need of a Savior
Understand theology on sin
Theology on sexuality
- This will be a make or break on Christianity for some students
- Balanced scriptural theology, “convicted civility”
Other theologies that matter:
- Theology on the church.
- Theology on the afterlife.
- Theology on Hell.
One trend that’s positive is youth ministers are going back to a biblical view of things and they are diving into scripture more.
The theology of a youth worker is ultimately more important than their strategy.
All we do relates to what we actually believe.
About NextLevel Online
The vision of Ozark Christian College is to glorify God by evangelizing the lost and edifying Christians worldwide. The mission of Ozark Christian College is to train men and women for Christian service as a degree-granting institution of biblical higher education.