Session 11: Peace (Isaiah 54, 57)
What types of things separate people from peace with God?
- Play: Session 11 Video
What are the most common greetings in your culture? What is an odd or strange greeting you’ve heard someone use?
- Have you ever interacted with someone who greeted people by saying “peace”? Does “peace” feel like a normal greeting or a strange greeting to you?
Read through Isaiah 57:1-13, making a list of the sins the people have committed. What types of things separate them from peace with God?
- Read Isaiah 57:14-21. What is God going to do on his own initiative?
Read Ephesians 2:11-12. What kinds of things separated people from God before?
- Now read Ephesians 2:13-22. What have we been given because of Jesus?
Sometimes, culture tells us to define our identity based on how we feel. God’s Word tells us to identify our identity based on what God says about how he has made us and where he has placed us. How do you notice this difference in views playing out in your world?
- What do Isaiah 57 and Ephesians 2 have to say about my identity?
When is it hard for you to believe what the Bible says about your identity?
- What can you do this week to help remind yourself of the truth about your identity?
About NextLevel Online
The vision of Ozark Christian College is to glorify God by evangelizing the lost and edifying Christians worldwide. The mission of Ozark Christian College is to train men and women for Christian service as a degree-granting institution of biblical higher education.