Session 3: Character Qualities of Deacons
What are the Christ-like traits of a Deacon (Servant/Minister/Ministry Team Leader)?
- Play: Session 3 Video
Christian leaders lead first in their character.
The Bible focuses more upon their character than it does their specific tasks.
- Acts 6:1-7
- 1 Timothy 3:8–13
Christ-Like Traits of a Deacon (Servant/Minister/Ministry Team Leader)
- Authentic disciple of Jesus
- Evidence of Christ’s control in their lives
- Evidence of Christ-likeness and discipleship in the home
- Christ-like interaction with others
- Self-control (Spirit-Control)
- Their motivations for leadership (all three warn again greed)
1 Timothy 3:11
- Wives of deacons
Why do deacons need to have these character qualities if all they are doing is serving in a non-teaching capacity?
How do we currently search and select deacons? Should we consider changing the process?
About NextLevel Online
The vision of Ozark Christian College is to glorify God by evangelizing the lost and edifying Christians worldwide. The mission of Ozark Christian College is to train men and women for Christian service as a degree-granting institution of biblical higher education.